1. Scheduling Your Installation
Once we’ve scheduled your installation our team will begin the planning process. Since we’ve mastered a turnkey installation for urethane concrete we can even install over the weekend to minimize downtime.
Professional installation of urethane concrete
2. Preparing Your Space
Let us sweat the details as our team works directly with you and your team to make sure your commercial area is ready. This oftentimes involves handling and moving any heavy equipment out of the way or storing it during installation. Mark your area of work to avoid someone walking through the wet floor or contaminating the clean space.
Our Preparation Approach
We work with you to take the hassle out of your commercial flooring installation:
Moving heavy or small equipment
Plan staging area or storage for items removed from space
Multiple installation spaces in one location will be scheduled based on your operation priority
3. Flooring Surface Preparation
For this crucial step, our installation team will meticulously prepare the subfloor:
- Remove all existing coatings, sealers, or contaminants.
- The substrate (usually a concrete slab) should be clean and free of grease, oil, and dust.
- Test the salt and moisture in the concrete to ensure safe levels for installation.
- Methods include shot blasting, diamond grinding, or scarifying, which provides a CSP of 3 or lower for the urethane concrete to adhere to.
- Fill and seal any cracks, holes, or joints in the substrate to ensure a flat and uniform surface.
4. Surface Primed
Apply a suitable primer designed for urethane concrete. The primer ensures proper adhesion of the urethane concrete to the substrate. The primer will also help mitigate problems with moisture coming up from the concrete.
5. Urethane Concrete Application
The urethane concrete coating binds urethane resin technology with engineered cement powders for a high-performance, long-lasting floor. The product is mixed in large batches and poured out over the floor.
- Depending on the thickness requested, a gauge rake will be used to spread out the product.
- Rollers will follow to remove imperfections in the spreading-out portion. This will ensure a uniform finish.
- Depending on the system a broadcast of paint chips, rubber chips, quartz, or any other broadcast will be thrown into the floor until refusal. This means that chips will be spread out over the floor evenly giving you the finished look you requested. This process can be repeated for added durability depending on the flooring system.
- Once that build layer with the broadcast is cured, the topcoat is applied and covers the entire floor giving it a nice shine while protecting it from common spills.
6. Drying and Curing
It is very important to let each layer of urethane concrete cure the proper amount of time. This ensures that you are putting the remaining layers on during the ideal recoat window.
There should be no access to the area until the entire system is completed. Otherwise, you risk contaminating the site and the crew will have to spend installation time decontaminating the site, which could affect the timeframe of your finished floor.
7. Post-Installation Review
Our goal is for you to maximize the benefits of your new commercial flooring. Once the urethane concrete has cured, we’ll guide you on everything you need to know for upkeep and cleaning. This commitment helps ensure your floor’s durability and preserves its fresh appearance.